of any business and steps should be taken to preserve its value.
There are many aspects often overlooked when considering business premises for lease and we can provide our expert guidance to enable you to make an informed decision about whether the premises will be suitable for your intended purpose and the lease contains the necessary provisions to enable you to operate your business effectively.
If you are considering leasing business premises on the Gold Coast or in Queensland, we can advise you on your rights and obligations, particularly in respect of:
- term of lease and option periods
- rights of first refusal
- rent and rent review provisions
- trading hours
- disclosure requirements under the Retail Shop Leases Act
- demolition and or relocation clauses
- permitted uses of the property
- rights to alter premises;
- make good and reinstatement obligations on lease end
- your insurance obligations
- other financial covenants; and
- landlord’s rights and obligations.
Our leasing and property lawyers can also provide you with assistance with exercise of options and renewal of lease or should you wish to seek landlord consent including without limitation, assignment, subletting or other dealings with the lease.