Whilst it may be an exciting time setting up a new business on the Gold Coast or throughout Queensland, it is important you carefully plan and consider the necessary issues to build a strong foundation for the business to operate. We can guide you through the legal matters which may include:
- dealing with any restraint covenants and confidential information when exiting employment, particularly if you are setting up a competing business
- providing advice as to structuring the business entity appropriately to maximise asset protection and tax outcomes and drafting the appropriate documentation (such as partnership agreements, shareholders agreements, joint venture agreements etc)
- registering business names and protecting intellectual property
- review loan and security documents
- negotiating contracts and leases
- assisting with procuring relevant licences and permits and complying with statutory and regulatory requirements
- employment and contractor or consultancy arrangements
- distribution and agency agreements
- product liability and warranties
- establishing terms and conditions of trade; financing documents and dealing with your clients or customers
- competition law
- corporate governance; and
- debt recovery procedures.
The above is by no means exhaustive and for more information please contact our business and commercial law department on 07 5526 0157.